WorkStride prides itself on providing an environment where employees are inspired and motivated to be the best they can be. The company keeps employees engaged with meaningful work, diverse perspectives, continuous and ongoing communication, and an accessible leadership team that promotes entrepreneurship. WorkStride is an equal opportunity employer.
401(k) with company match
Free snacks and drinks
"I enjoy coming to work with a diverse team full of ideas on how to better our product. WorkStride is a place where everyone is encouraged to contribute and become an integral part of the company culture."
"Our product is doing extremely well in the market and we're hitting a critical business need for our customers. Culture is also very strong. We take our values seriously across the board and people truly enjoy working here."
"The CEO takes the culture seriously and wants the team to work hard but enjoy themselves. Transparency is high and leadership is honest. It's a great team of people - they're fun to work with."
"WorkStride is probably the most innovative company in the employee recognition and channel incentives industry today, and that creates a lot of positive energy and opportunity for growth."
Lead Software Engineer
New York, NY or Remote
Do you have an interest in working on a SaaS product that is disrupting a $75 billion industry? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, diverse, start-up-like environment? Do you code in jeans and a t-shirt, and enjoy Nerf battles, company-hosted nights out, and free snacks? If you said yes to these, then look no further…this is the opportunity you have been waiting for!
WorkStride develops a mobile-enabled, SaaS platform that allows companies to have a portal where their channel sales partners can share information, access training, and get rewarded for participating in sales promotions, lotteries, and contests. Our first-generation product is being used by 20 of the Fortune 500. Come help us as we rapidly grow our platform and customer base!
As Lead Software Engineer you will be a creative thought leader with passion for building leading products that will serve our recognition and incentives-based clients. Our offices are located in the iconic Empire State Building, but we will consider remote candidates.
You will work with a smart, talented, passionate team of engineers and be responsible for:
- Writing high-quality, maintainable, code powering the engine behind the new sales incentives platform
- Using skill and creativity to create the “right solution” rather than the “easiest one” for our enterprise clients
- Assisting with the troubleshooting of production support issues
- Presenting your code in regularly-held dev practices
Our Ideal Candidate
You are highly process-driven to methodically breaking down the challenges presented to you. You’re comfortable working with new technologies in general with a bias towards open source software first. You can balance between speed and agility to maintain long-term code quality. You understand “infrastructure as code” and are building a continuous integration/continuous delivery environment.
- Strong (5+ years) back-end Java development and the corresponding stack (J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, open source libraries, etc.) in a SaaS model
- Proven success in building scalable software in a multi-tenanted environment using software engineering best practices (CDN, caching and VM optimization)
- Strong DB (Microsoft SQL Server) chops that include complex SQL query development and path optimizations
- Best practices approach with Views, Stored Procs and typed-datasets is critical
- Strong familiarity with creating and deploying Web Services using RESTful APIs (JSON, XML, etc.)
- Experience with SSO using SAML and OAuth
- Ability to understand the business imperatives and translate them to “big picture” architectural concepts
- Comfortable in a team environment or working independently
- Has kept up with the latest frameworks and trends in the Java ecosystem
- Understanding of Agile/SCRUM techniques
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects at once
Sales Development Representative
New York, NY
As an enterprise Sales Development Representative, you’ll be a key player in further developing our business into new and exciting areas by outbound prospecting, engaging, qualifying, nurturing and converting new enterprise business opportunities while partnering with our Sales Executives to successfully win new deals and grow the business.
Success in this role means hitting and beating monthly goals, keeping ahead of daily metrics, and handling rejection in good stride.
You’ll Love This Role If You Are:
- A self-starter who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment where you own your role
- A strong communicator who has little fear of direct communication and demonstrates compelling written and verbal outreach.
- A learner who never stops building their knowledge of company, solutions, values and customer.
- A driven achiever who sees everyday as an opportunity to succeed, earn and grow
- Outbound sourcing, development and qualification of new leads using our innovative stack of sales tools
- Nurturing leads, building rapport and developing leads into new opportunities
- Leveraging Salesforce to manage leads, deliverables, tasks and more
- Engaging and qualifying new prospects
- Participating in strategy meetings and think tanks
- Continuous learning and understanding of our company and solutions to become a product master of your domain
New York, NY
As the Development Manager you will provide technical leadership and management for a large engineering team, on shore and off shore, driving and ensuring operational excellence. You will work with a smart, talented, passionate team of engineers and be responsible for:
- Managing and owning the agile sprint process and look for opportunities for process improvements.
- Mentoring, growing and motivating a fast moving/growing engineering team.
- Working closely with the client engagement and quality assurance teams to insure world class experience for our clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar major
- 5+ years of experience of software development
- 3+ years of experience in an engineering leadership role
- Action-oriented strategic thinker
- Able to thrive in an ambiguous environment where change is rapid and constant
- Detailed oriented to ensure that project success is paramount
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work in a very fast paced environment
- Be able to disagree, yet align, when dealing with different stakeholders
- Results oriented with a strong customer focus
- Highly autonomous. Delivers with little guidance.
- Strong mentor of peers and subordinates
- Ability to empathizes with other teams and help them overcome challenges
- Ability to administer JIRA workflows
- Experience with agile methodology for software development
New York, NY
The Professional Services team deploys and manages the WorkStride platform for enterprise customers across a range of industries. Engagement Managers are at the heart of this team. They own the day-to-day relationship with our customers and are accountable for delivering a best in class experience. The Engagement Manager role encompasses project management, relationship management and strategic program design and they play a pivotal role in helping our organization scale as we continue to win in the market. Best of all, you’ll get to work at a company with a thriving start-up culture!
- Deliver best in class experience for your customers throughout their journey, including implementation and post-launch
- Deliver multiple concurrent projects and achieve target KPIs for customer happiness, quality, budget and timelines
- Serve as primary point of contact for clients and build strong relationships with key stakeholders, including client program leads, executives, and other influencers
- Lead design discussions with clients to understand business needs and translate into technical requirements
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for building and rolling out Channel Incentives or Recognition programs
- Serve as an internal advocate for the customer and manage cross-functional resources
- Contribute to strategic internal initiatives to help the Professional Services department scale
Required Experience & Skills:
- 3-5 years of experience delivering software projects for enterprise clients
- Experience in consulting, professional services, customer success or related field
- Exceptional client management and communications skills
- Exceptional project management skills with proven track record of managing multiple concurrent projects
- Strong presentation, meeting facilitation, and written communication skills
- Strong technical aptitude
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Willingness to travel to customer locations as needed, up to 20%
- Experience consulting to clients in Sales or HR fields is a plus
- Experience with JIRA and Salesforce is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required