WorkStride prides itself on providing an environment where employees are inspired and motivated to be the best they can be. The company keeps employees engaged with meaningful work, diverse perspectives, continuous and ongoing communication, and an accessible leadership team that promotes entrepreneurship. WorkStride is an equal opportunity employer.
401(k) with company match
Free snacks and drinks
"I enjoy coming to work with a diverse team full of ideas on how to better our product. WorkStride is a place where everyone is encouraged to contribute and become an integral part of the company culture."
"Our product is doing extremely well in the market and we're hitting a critical business need for our customers. Culture is also very strong. We take our values seriously across the board and people truly enjoy working here."
"The CEO takes the culture seriously and wants the team to work hard but enjoy themselves. Transparency is high and leadership is honest. It's a great team of people - they're fun to work with."
"WorkStride is probably the most innovative company in the employee recognition and channel incentives industry today, and that creates a lot of positive energy and opportunity for growth."
New York, New York
As the DevOps Engineer, you’ll ensure WorkStride is providing its customers with highly available services and help make the engineering team more efficient. We are constantly looking to automate ourselves out of a job. You’ll interact with everyone on the engineering team to discover what the current processes are and where the problems exist so you can automate — in addition to fixing — them to move quickly. Responsibilities include:
- Cloud and Colocation Infrastructure
- Deploying, maintaining, and scaling the company’s infrastructure and applications.
- Automating network and application infrastructure using configuration management frameworks
- Monitoring & Supporting – providing on-call rotation as needed
- Unifying the logging and monitoring to allow issues diagnosis to be faster
- Ensure we’re meeting customer and internal SLAs
- Creating and managing the continuous build and deployment systems
- Creating and managing a common build environment
Our Ideal Candidate
You are highly process-driven to methodically breaking down the challenges presented to you. You’re comfortable working with new technologies in general with a bias towards open source software first. You can balance between speed and agility to maintain long-term operational sanity. You understand “infrastructure as code” and are building a continuous integration/continuous delivery environment
- 5+ years of industry experience in two or more production environments
- Experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Ansible, Cloudbees, Rundeck, etc.)
- Experience with configuration management/deployment tools (Puppet, Chef, Docker, etc.)
- Worked primarily with Linux-based cloud (AWS preferred) or hybrid environments
- Systems architecture experience building a production grade highly available deployments
- Experience building monitoring solutions (Graphite, Zabbix, New Relic, Sensu, etc.) to ensure we’re meeting operational goals and SLAs
- Familiarity with AWS services and best practices
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with deploying and monitoring SQL and NoSQL databases
- Background in network engineering or system administration
- Bonus points for experience with platform security, penetration testing and security audits
- Open source contributions or desire to create tools that benefit the entire community
WorkStride is an Equal Opportunity Employer.