WorkStride prides itself on providing an environment where employees are inspired and motivated to be the best they can be. The company keeps employees engaged with meaningful work, diverse perspectives, continuous and ongoing communication, and an accessible leadership team that promotes entrepreneurship. WorkStride is an equal opportunity employer.
401(k) with company match
Free snacks and drinks
"I enjoy coming to work with a diverse team full of ideas on how to better our product. WorkStride is a place where everyone is encouraged to contribute and become an integral part of the company culture."
"Our product is doing extremely well in the market and we're hitting a critical business need for our customers. Culture is also very strong. We take our values seriously across the board and people truly enjoy working here."
"The CEO takes the culture seriously and wants the team to work hard but enjoy themselves. Transparency is high and leadership is honest. It's a great team of people - they're fun to work with."
"WorkStride is probably the most innovative company in the employee recognition and channel incentives industry today, and that creates a lot of positive energy and opportunity for growth."
Sales Development Representative
New York, NY
Located in the heart of New York City on the 39th floor of the Empire State Building, WorkStride is a fast-growing B2B software company providing an indirect sales and marketing platform for some of the world’s largest enterprise businesses. These businesses turn to our partner incentives solutions to better sell their products through indirect selling channels and reach their maximum potential.
As an enterprise Sales Development Representative, you’ll be a key player in further developing our business into new and exciting areas by outbound prospecting, engaging, qualifying, nurturing and converting new enterprise business opportunities while partnering with our Sales Executives to successfully win new deals and grow the business.
Success in this role means hitting and beating monthly goals, keeping ahead of daily metrics, and handling rejection in good stride.
You’ll Love This Role If You Are:
- A self-starter who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment where you own your role.
- A strong communicator who has little fear of direct communication and demonstrates compelling written and verbal outreach.
- A learner who never stops building their knowledge of company, solutions, values and customer.
- A driven achiever who sees everyday as an opportunity to succeed, earn and grow.
- Outbound sourcing, development and qualification of new leads using our innovative stack of sales tools
- Nurturing leads, building rapport and developing leads into new opportunities
- Leveraging Salesforce to manage leads, deliverables, tasks and more
- Engaging and qualifying new prospects
- Participating in strategy meetings and think tanks
- Continuous learning and understanding of our company and solutions to become a product master of your domain
Lead Software Engineer
New York, NY
Do you have an interest in working on a SaaS product that is disrupting a $75 billion industry?
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, diverse, start-up-like environment?
Do you code in jeans and a t-shirt, enjoy Nerf battles, company-hosted nights out, and free snacks?
If YOU said YES to these look no further… this is the opportunity YOU have been waiting for!
WorkStride develops a mobile-enabled, SaaS platform that allows companies to have a portal where their channel sales partners can share information, access training, and get rewarded for participating in sales promotions, lotteries, and contests. Our first-generation product is being used by 20 of the Fortune 500. Come help us as we rapidly grow our platform and customer base!
As a Lead Software Engineer you will be a creative thought leader with passion for building leading products that will serve our recognition and incentives-based clients. Our offices are located in the iconic Empire State Building, but we will consider remote candidates.
You will work with a smart, talented, passionate team of engineers and be responsible for:
- Writing high-quality, maintainable, code powering the engine behind the new Incentives platform
- Building the “right solution” rather than the “easiest one”
- Working closely with a team of passionate engineers with the ability to challenge their assumptions and ideas, while making everyone around you great
- Proud of presenting your code in regularly held dev practices
Our Ideal Candidate:
You are highly process-driven to methodically breaking down the challenges presented to you. You’re comfortable working with new technologies in general with a bias towards open source software first. You can balance between speed and agility to maintain long-term code quality. You understand “infrastructure as code” and are building a continuous integration/continuous delivery environment.
- Strong (5+ years of) back-end Java development and the corresponding stack (J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, open source libraries, etc.) in a SaaS model
- Proven success in building scalable software in a multi-tenanted environment using software engineering best practices (CDN, caching and VM optimization)
- Strong DB (Microsoft SQL Server) chops that include complex SQL query development and path optimizations
- Best practices approach with Views, Stored Procs and typed-datasets is critical
- Strong familiarity with creating and deploying Web Services using RESTful APIs (JSON, XML, etc.)
- Experience with SSO using SAML and OAuth
- Ability to understand the business imperatives and translate them to “big picture” architectural concepts
- Comfortable in a team environment or working independently
- Has kept up with the latest frameworks and trends in the Java ecosystem
- Understanding of Agile/SCRUM techniques
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects at once
Customer Support Representative (Contractor)
New York, New York
The Customer Support team is responsible for providing a best-in-class service for end users who contact WorkStride for assistance. The Customer Support Representative is a critical role on that team, responsible for answering phones, email inquiries, and resolving customer issues while ensuring a positive experience for the end-user. This is a contract/temp position that will provide additional support during our busy, high volume season.
Primary responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Answer inbound customer inquiries by phone and email
- Work with in-house systems and software development resources to gather information and conduct the necessary research to satisfy customer’s request
- Resolve any and all problems that may arise by seeking to understand what the issue is and doing the necessary follow-up to solve the issue calmly and respectfully for the customer
- Provide alternative solutions as appropriate
- Escalate unresolved problems to the Customer Support Manager for resolution
- Aid in maintaining accurate customer databases by entering all pertinent information in a timely manner in our customer service software (Zendesk)
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications:
- Must be able to work Monday-Friday between the hours of 9am – 6pm EST
- 1 year customer service experience, preferably in a call center or software environment
- Must be able to work in a structured and fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to multi-task, listen and handle challenging situations
- Computer-literate in databases, spreadsheets and word processing
- Excellent skills in the following areas: problem solving, critical thinking, communication (verbal and written)
- Speak English fluently, clearly and able to deliver verbal communications in a professional manner, especially over the phone
- HS diploma
Desired Requirements & Qualifications:
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Outlook and all internet browsers
- Experience with Zendesk
- Fluent in Spanish
- College degree
WorkStride is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
New York, New York
As the DevOps Engineer, you’ll ensure WorkStride is providing its customers with highly available services and help make the engineering team more efficient. We are constantly looking to automate ourselves out of a job. You’ll interact with everyone on the engineering team to discover what the current processes are and where the problems exist so you can automate — in addition to fixing — them to move quickly. Responsibilities include:
- Cloud and Colocation Infrastructure
- Deploying, maintaining, and scaling the company’s infrastructure and applications.
- Automating network and application infrastructure using configuration management frameworks
- Monitoring & Supporting – providing on-call rotation as needed
- Unifying the logging and monitoring to allow issues diagnosis to be faster
- Ensure we’re meeting customer and internal SLAs
- Creating and managing the continuous build and deployment systems
- Creating and managing a common build environment
Our Ideal Candidate
You are highly process-driven to methodically breaking down the challenges presented to you. You’re comfortable working with new technologies in general with a bias towards open source software first. You can balance between speed and agility to maintain long-term operational sanity. You understand “infrastructure as code” and are building a continuous integration/continuous delivery environment
- 5+ years of industry experience in two or more production environments
- Experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Ansible, Cloudbees, Rundeck, etc.)
- Experience with configuration management/deployment tools (Puppet, Chef, Docker, etc.)
- Worked primarily with Linux-based cloud (AWS preferred) or hybrid environments
- Systems architecture experience building a production grade highly available deployments
- Experience building monitoring solutions (Graphite, Zabbix, New Relic, Sensu, etc.) to ensure we’re meeting operational goals and SLAs
- Familiarity with AWS services and best practices
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with deploying and monitoring SQL and NoSQL databases
- Background in network engineering or system administration
- Bonus points for experience with platform security, penetration testing and security audits
- Open source contributions or desire to create tools that benefit the entire community
WorkStride is an Equal Opportunity Employer.