Do you want…
- a chance to really get behind a mission and help people be the best they can be?
- the opportunity to do great work and be appreciated for it?
- to work with an amazing team of people who are smart, motivated, and love to get stuff done?
- to be passionate about what you do every day?
- to be happy at work?
If you have answered YES to all of these questions, then look no further: WorkStride is for you!
Our culture boasts:
- core values that inspire people to be the best they can be for themselves and the team
- managers that engage and motivate employees to do their best work
- meaningful work that allows each employee to make a big impact
- diverse perspectives that deliver positive business results
- continuous, ongoing communication up, down and across the organization
- an accessible leadership team that promotes an entrepreneurial spirit
WorkStride is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
By the way, we also offer:
- a competitive compensation and benefits package
- flexible PTO policy and work arrangements
- FREE access to over 2,000 courses via our Udemy e-learning portal
- free snacks and drinks
- casual dress code
- a state-of-the-art gym located in the building
- cooking competitions, game nights, monthly birthday/anniversary celebrations, and more!
Join Our Team
Senior Software Engineer
Do you have an interest in working on a SaaS product that is disrupting a $75 billion industry?
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, diverse, start-up-like environment?
Do you code in jeans and a t-shirt, and enjoy Nerf battles, company-hosted nights out, and free snacks?
If you said yes to these, then look no further…this is the opportunity you have been waiting for!
WorkStride develops a mobile-enabled, SaaS platform that allows companies to have a portal where their channel sales partners can share information, access training, and get rewarded for participating in sales promotions, lotteries, and contests. Our first-generation product is being used by 20 of the Fortune 500. Come help us as we rapidly grow our platform and customer base!
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be a creative thought leader with passion for building leading products that will serve our recognition and incentives-based clients. Our offices are located in the iconic Empire State Building, but we will consider remote candidates.
You will work with a smart, talented, passionate team of engineers and be responsible for:
- Writing high-quality, maintainable, code powering the engine behind the new sales incentives platform
- Using skill and creativity to create the “right solution” rather than the “easiest one” for our enterprise clients
- Assisting with the troubleshooting of production support issues
- Presenting your code in regularly-held dev practices
- BA/BS in Computer Science (or related field)
- 3+ years back-end Java development and the corresponding stack (J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, open source libraries, etc.) in a SaaS model
- Proven success in building scalable software in a multi-tenanted environment using software engineering best practices (CDN, caching and VM optimization)
- Strong DB (Microsoft SQL Server) chops that include complex SQL query development and path optimizations
- Best practices approach with Views, Stored Procs and typed-datasets is critical
- Strong familiarity with creating and deploying Web Services using RESTful APIs (JSON, XML, etc.)
- Experience with SSO using SAML and OAuth
- Ability to understand the business imperatives and translate them to “big picture” architectural concepts
- Comfortable in a team environment or working independently
- Has kept up with the latest frameworks and trends in the Java ecosystem
- Understanding of Agile/SCRUM techniques
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects at once
DevOps Engineer (Contractor)
As the DevOps Engineer contractor, you’ll ensure WorkStride is providing its customers with highly available services and help make the engineering team more efficient. We are constantly looking to automate ourselves out of a job. You’ll interact with everyone on the engineering team to discover what the current processes are and where the problems exist so you can automate—in addition to fixing—them to move quickly. The DevOps Engineer contractor will be responsible for:
- Cloud and Colocation Infrastructure
- Deploying, maintaining, and scaling the company’s infrastructure and applications
- Automating network and application infrastructure using configuration management frameworks
- Monitoring & Supporting – providing on-call rotation as needed
- Unifing the logging and monitoring to allow issues diagnosis to be faster
- Ensuring we’re meeting customer and internal SLAs
- Creating and managing the continuous build and deployment systems
- Creating and managing a common build environment
Our Ideal Candidate
You are highly process-driven to methodically breaking down the challenges presented to you. You’re comfortable working with new technologies in general with a bias towards open source software first. You can balance between speed and agility to maintain long-term operational sanity. You understand “infrastructure as code” and are building a continuous integration/continuous delivery environment.
- 5+ years of industry experience in two or more production environments
- Experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Ansible, Cloudbees, Rundeck, etc.)
- Experience with configuration management/deployment tools (Puppet, Chef, Docker, etc.)
- Worked primarily with Linux-based cloud (AWS preferred) or hybrid environments
- Systems architecture experience building a production grade highly available deployments
- Experience building monitoring solutions (Graphite, Zabbix, New Relic, Sensu, etc.) to ensure we’re meeting operational goals and SLAs
- Familiarity with AWS services and best practices
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with deploying and monitoring SQL and NoSQL databases
- Background in network engineering or system administration
- Bonus points for experience with platform security, penetration testing and security audits
- Open source contributions or desire to create tools that benefit the entire community
You appreciate the delicate balance of building the most elegant solution possible given time constraints and the needs of the business. Sometimes “the craft” wins, sometimes the shortcut wins, and you are comfortable with that.
You enjoy working in a fast-paced but highly collaborative environment where the team thrives on everyone’s contributions. We are creative together, we are pragmatic together, we work hard together, we celebrate together.
What you will do:
- Maintain single page applications through enhancements, bug-fixes and refactoring
- Work with back-end developers and our designer to implement new features
- Write unit tests to ensure code quality
- Mentor other team members
- Have a voice in the technical direction of the team
- Participate in code reviews
- 2-3 years of professional experience as a software developer
- A passion for building thoughtful, detail-oriented user experiences
- Understanding of CSS selectors
- Experience with or willingness to learn Typescript